Video-on-demand (VOD) platforms are becoming increasingly popular as consumers demand more control over their viewing habits. A VOD platform gives users the ability to watch shows and movies on their own time, without having to adhere to a strict TV schedule. This flexibility is one of the main reasons why VOD platforms are seeing such rapid growth. In addition to the flexible viewing options, VOD platforms also offer a variety of other benefits that are driving their growth.
Here are 5 factors that are propel VOD platform growth:
1. Improved access to broadband internet
2. The rise of smart TV ownership
3. The popularity of streaming devices
4. The growth of subscription-based VOD platforms
5. The increasing availability of original content